Since there is a strong connection between oral health and overall body health, Scottsdale dentists, Dr. Rod Gore, provides his patients with preventative dental care. This treatment is intended to protect and enhance oral health to prevent the need for future costlier, more extensive dental procedures down the line. While proper oral health begins at home, Dr. Gore will educate patients of all ages on how to develop an effective regimen at home. When patients come into the office to get preventative care, a thorough dental examination and professional dental cleaning will be conducted with advanced technologies. For most patients, it is recommended that they receive this care twice a year.
Dr. Gore understands that certain groups require additional care, such as children, seniors, and pregnant women. They offer treatments tailored specifically to these groups, and will work with any of their patients to customize a course of action that best suits their needs for optimal results
HERE'S WHAT OUR PATIENTS HAVE TO SAY...
"Dr Gore and his team are top notch! I have absolute confidence in their ability to provide the best dental care out there. They care for my entire family from 3 years and up. My children love visiting their office...- M.M. / Facebook / Feb 01
"I want to take a quick moment and thank Dr. Gore and his team. For many years I have suffered from extreme anxiety regarding dental visits of any kind. I started to see Dr. Gore based on a referral from a...- N.J. / Yelp / Mar 08
"Fantastic service! Professional, high-tech, efficient service!"- K.C. / Yelp / Feb 01
"Best Scottsdale dentist is Dr. Rod Gore. I've experienced this many years and it's true each time I visit."- J.G. / Google / Feb 22
"I have now had several experiences with Dr. Gore's assistant Tricia. She is amazing. Dr. Gore may be the best dentist in Scottsdale right now but if Tricia decides to get a little more formal education he'd...- P. / SmileReminder / Jan 06
Oral hygiene is critically important even at the prenatal level to preserve existing tooth structures and prevent life-threatening diseases that have been linked to poor oral hygiene. There is a direct link between oral conditions and physical health, such as the link between periodontal disease and cardiovascular disease and stroke. Therefore, Dr. Gore welcomes consultations with patients to explain the importance of oral hygiene and the best methods to prevent poor oral hygiene and oral conditions.
Dr. Gore utilizes advanced screening technologies to detect abnormalities in the mouth. For example, abnormal tissue signifying early stage cancer can be treated with a higher survival rate when compared to late-stage cancer. Other diseases with an oral systematic connection include, but are not limited to: human papilloma virus (HPV) infections, autoimmune disease, AIDS, diabetes, and cancer.
While all patients require preventative dental care, certain groups of patients require additional attention and treatment, such as children, senior citizens, and pregnant women.
With Dr. Gore’s sensitive disposition, genuine commitment, and special catering to children’s needs, parents and children will feel at ease. Dr. Gore understand’s that dental care begins in the prenatal phase and continues on from the day a baby is born. If a parent needs to contact the practice to learn about the importance of gum wiping at birth or what to do when the first tooth erupts, we encourage the parent to do so. We know there are many ways to help preserve a child’s teeth for a lifetime and education is at the core of our approach to children’s dental care. We don’t mind taking all the time necessary to ensure that a child is set up for success with a healthy oral cavity, including teeth and gums. Dr. Gore is known for instilling an optimistic, healthy attitude in children about their oral hygiene.
Preventative dental care for seniors is popular at the practice of Dr. Gore. This is due to the entire team’s talent, attentive service, keen attention to detail, and refined expertise. Since we want patients to rest assured that all of their concerns will be addressed at our practice, we hold thorough consultations. There are no reasons to postpone or forgo treatment due to anxiety, which is why we offer oral conscious sedation dentistry for fearful patients. We utilize cutting-edge technology and some of the most advanced solutions for issues that specifically relate to seniors, such as laser periodontal therapy for gum disease and dental implants for missing teeth or to support dental appliances. Senior dental care meets a new horizon at the practice.
Care During Pregnancy
Dr. Gore wants women to know that dental care during pregnancy is vital, but there is a certain protocol that should be taken when having dental care during this time. In fact, many pregnant women travel to Dr. Gore for dental care during pregnancy since they enjoy the comforts and courteous service offered by the team members.
- First, it’s wise to have a professional dental cleaning before pregnancy. It is not advised to have non-emergency dentistry in the first trimester or third trimester. X-rays can usually be postponed until after the delivery of the baby.
- Secondly, due to hormonal changes during pregnancy, pregnant women have an increased risk of dental infections and gum disease. Gum disease has been associated with an increased risk of premature birth. Proper brushing twice a day and flossing are important to help maintain a healthy oral cavity.
- Third, if a patient is in need of a dental filling, dental crown, or root canal, she should pursue treatment to reduce the risk of infection. When left untreated, dental infections may travel.
- Finally, it is important to avoid stress during dental treatment, so a patient should inquire about numbing agents that can be used during treatment. When having dental treatment, it is wise to keep legs uncrossed to maintain proper circulation.
The ideal scenario is to have all dental work complete prior to pregnancy and have a healthy oral cavity. In this case, a woman will only require 1 – 2 professional dental cleanings during the time of pregnancy. In terms of cosmetic dentistry, it is best to have cosmetic dentistry procedures before or after pregnancy.
Preventative dental care is a top priority at the practice of Dr. Gore where proper care begins at home. At-home preventative tips that patients can follow are:
- Brushing teeth and gums in a small circular motion twice a day helps keep oral health in check and teeth in place for a lifetime. With daily flossing, a patient will truly be on track for proper oral hygiene.
- For a dry mouth, try sweetened, sugarless gum containing xylitol, which is designed to trigger deep cleansing saliva flow.
- Maintenance of the toothbrush is important. Store it in a case and obtain a new brush every 2 months.
- Ask a dentist if you would be bettered served with prescription-strength fluoride toothpaste.
- If you have fear about going to your dentist, contact us about sedation dentistry to learn about your options.
- Keep tooth restorations up-to-date.
- Visit the dentist at least twice each year (more often when prescribed) for a professional examination and cleaning to remove unhealthy plaque build-up.
Plan Your ProcedureEmail Us
Protect Your Oral Health
Preventative dental care not only leaves you with cleaner, healthier teeth but helps set you on a road of proper oral health. Regular visits allow you to preserve your teeth for a lifetime, avoiding costly and extensive dental work. No matter your stage in life, our practice is here to help you with in-office care, as well as to provide you with at-home tips. With our expertise, we can treat babies and children, up to senior citizens, and provide special care for pregnant women. To set-up your preventative dental care appointment, give our office a call today.